Friday, April 12, 2013

How to have a better life...

So today someone told me, "If you do ___ maybe your life would turn around."

Yeah that did not sit well with me. It did not piss me off mind you, just rubbed me a bit wrong. What is so wrong about my life?

IS my life perfect??? No, but what is perfect anyway? What might be perfect for me, might be hell for another. I'd like some thing to be a bit different, but life is never done. It is always changing... so there is always time, unless you croak. So I have an idea of why that statement was made, because I am not married, with a high paying job, a house I own or are paying off, you know the things OTHER people think I 'SHOULD' have. Well lets see...

I have a roof over my head...
A child who is smart, funny, cool, and who I love with all my might, and who loves me back with the same might.
I have food.
I have clean water.
I have nice clothes.
I have a decent body.
I have my health.
I have a studio stocked with almost anything I could want to make things with.
I have 5 guitars.
I have a car to drive.
It has some gas in it.
I have an education.
I am smart.
I have a lot of talents.
I have music.
I have art.
I have metal. And gems. And beads. And stones. AND AND AND
I have a strong heart, both emotionally and physically.
I live in a beautiful city.
I have mountains to climb.
I have peace in my mind and heart.
I have great friends and make new ones all the time.
I have family.
I have my sanity.
I have my spirituality.
There is so much more... but I honesty have a LOT to be grateful for.

What others think of my life is of no matter to me. You might see my life as something that is not that great, I see it as pretty darn good. With a few things that need to be changed, but I am working on those... and with gratitude, those things will fall into place better.

So how do you make a better life???

Notice how great the one you have is....

Namaste~

No comments:

Post a Comment