Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Studio time...

I've been doing a bit of recording lately(okay a lot), and writing new stuff. Now that I have an electric drum kit, I am now playing my drum parts. Being that I am a stickler for the drums being perfect, it is taking a bit longer than programming... at least this last song has been, because there are a ton of stops, and I want everything just so. And I have not been a regular drummer in many years, so there is a good bit of rust on my playing, but I am getting the job done, and it is GREAT to think about and play with different beats to really pick something that makes the song work.

I am starting a weekly gig at a coffee house downtown, every Sunday afternoon, so that should be fun! My first regular gig in this city.... well since I was a teen playing all over the place, but that was back in the 80's (yeah my age is hanging out lol) I really was just a kid, playing all kinds of shows. I was also a full time drummer back then.

I put some feelers out for other musicians to form a band with, but so far nothing worth pursuing yet. I am not settling for less than amazing, so I don't expect for people to just fall from the sky in droves or anything... but I think my solo performance will be so much better than it ever has been, not having a band is not gonna hold me back at all.

New music is on the horizon, so stay tuned in and ready. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment